Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Challenging a cat - theory and practice?
06-06-2014, 04:37 AM
Challenging a cat - theory and practice?
Hm, can we "force" or "challenge" a cat to give its best?

In theory no, I guess ... in theory it "throws" its hidden or shown traits via coin toss. But in practice ... hmm ... "this kitty didn't like Mate X but she loves Mate Y" ... or ... "She never passed her hidden until I clobbered her with this trait bomb."

What do you think?
I know there area at least 2 schools on how to deal with a starter ... one, give it a knockout mate with all the latest whiskers, tails and ears, and it will yield up its secrets fast . Another ... give it a a gentle mild-mannered mate with lots of mild-mannered traits, and then if anything at all shows in the offspring, that's worth investigating.

One thing I have notice about myself is a disparity between what i believe in theory, and what i try to do in practice. In theory, I believe that a poorly-traited cat hiding the latest whiskers but showing mysterious ... should be mated with a well-traited cat showing plush whiskers ... so that the offspring will be hiding the good traits of the plushy parent, and it will be possible to know whether the dreamy-hider has thrown its good trait. Then take that offspring and put it with a full sibling and wait about 4 to 6 weeks ... etc.
But in practice, I want to encourage that cat by hitting it with big guns. Give it the best I've got, challenge it.

One delusional theory i had was that ... when they tell us the Random Number Generator--the trait-spinner -- is random, that's true, but maybe it is like a character-roller in an RP game ... where you roll for points on Experience, Wisdom, Strength, Dexterity, etc ... and then after you roll, you have a few points left over to allocate... Okay, so in my delusional theory as applied to Kitties ... those leftover points would randomly be allocated to size or recessivity.
Make any sense?
It seemed like kitties that just had exuberance to burn, but no genes to burn it on, would sometimes make me a sweet size.

I'm just wondering if you all think that challenging a kitty by giving it a super recessively-traited partner i s ... effective, --even able to "force" revelation -- or if you think that the kitty throws its traits randomly no matter what partner happens to be matched with it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Challenging a cat - theory and practice? - Vrem Vaniva - 06-06-2014 04:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)