Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Send in world food to the cattery & Trade food.
10-23-2014, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 08:47 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Send in world food to the cattery & Trade food.
(10-23-2014 08:34 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I thought of that. In-world food and milk would need to be 'disabled' out-of-the-box. (Note that the issues are easily worked around in the Cattery, in-world is where it takes special consideration.)

This would change how food works:

1) one would be required to remember to 'enable' the food/milk when setting it out. This will lead to far more 'why are my cats not eating' questions.

2) automatic feeders would need to 'enable' food/milk when rezzing it from object inventory. This would either render all after-market feeders inoperable, or force their users to 'enable' each bowl, individually, by hand, prior to placing it in object inventory.

My approach to the problem would be to allow partial-bowl transfers to the Cattery. I would display a message clearly stating the amount to be transferred, so the user knows it's not 'a bowl'. I would pay close attention to race conditions and rounding errors since I would not want someone discovering a way to feed a kibble in-world while sending the bowl to the Cattery with that kibble still in it .. then pulling the bowl back in-world to rinse and repeat.

Perhaps alternativally is that when food is unpacked/ first rezzed or rezzed on the mat it will be per default locked for say a half hour or even shorter after which it unlocks itself.
This gives the end user time to move it to the Online Cattery while the cats can not eat from it a limited time.
This to avoid the question why is my cat not eating etc.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Send in world food to the cattery & Trade food. - Kayleigh McMillan - 10-23-2014 08:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)