Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Through the Cat Flap
09-08-2013, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 10:04 AM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Wink Through the Cat Flap
Maxwell pokes his head through the cat flap and smiles sweetly.

"Hello, everyone, my name is Maxwell and I am a 105 year old elf from the Northern Forests. I live with my younger brother, Skippy who is 70, on Starlight Island in a small woodland cabin, deep in the forest.

When we were young, our elven parents were involved in a tragic road accident, whilst rescuing some hedgehogs from a busy main road. In appreciation, the hedgehogs wrapped us both up in grass-woven baskets and carefully carried us to the nearest church. Skippy and I were left inside the church porch and were raised by the resident priests, at St Nicholas-on-the-Dell. At first, to avoid teasing at the attached school, we would tuck our ears into our hair and try and blend in with the other children but, as we grew, our ears became larger and finally we had to give in and admit that we were elves. We were lovingly cared for by the priests and then passed for adoption into loving families but, sadly being elves, we age more slowly than humans. Now we live alone in our forest home and I care for little Skippy as best as I can. It's hard work being the elder brother because I have to look after Skippy and keep him safe.

To help raise money for cabbage seeds (in order to feed) Skippy and I breed cats. At first we used to just breed a range of different cats and sell them at our store "Castaway Kitties" but then, after travelling to the annual Beltane Festival I had a dream after cutting the mistletoe, in the Land of the Perpetual Green Rain.

I dreamed that we elves were travelling to the Beltane and passed a ruined church shrouded in mist and covered in cawing rooks. As we explored deeper into the ruins, we spied two passion-coloured fires deep in the gloom.

We had to travel to the Sandman in order to interpret the dream. In the Drylands that border the Dreamlands we met RiverFalcon the Sandman and we asked him what the dream meant.

RiverFalcon, the Sandman, explained that this was to be our new store and that we should sell passion-eyed vampire-eared Russian Blacks, in preparation for Hallowe'en.

So (as people say) the rest is history."

Post Script:

If you are interested, you may like to know that Skippy's introduction (and mine too) have been combined into an iBook available for download at this link:

>> Early Days <<

We would both be thrilled if you had the opportunity to download it and read through.

Magical stories from an independent author
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Skippy Beresford
09-08-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 10:16 PM by Skippy Beresford.)
RE: Through the Cat Flap
"Hi everyone! My name is Skippy. My big brother, Maxwell, and I have been brothers since forever and we've been bestest of friends since before we were born! And, well, we have always loved and taken care of animals together.

We loved KittyCats from the day we first visited the shop and knew we had to work as a team and raise them together. I'm the younger of us two and Maxwell has always been patient in order to teach me all about how to take great care of the cats.

Usually I have dreams about ships and trains and airplanes and being with my brother on them, but Maxwell had a dream about kitty cats! So I knew I had to help make it come true.

We often look to the stars, which we call The Thousand, and that's where our ancestors live...and me and Maxwell one day too. Well, we know the Thousand look down upon us and smile because they know we love and care for our cats, and each other."

[Image: 8646946799_ec8c1a6e0a_b.jpg]

...gets stuck in the cat flap, and knows that his big brother will have to pull him out...

...shouts, "MAXWELL!"

The Vampire Kitties Shop
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Julia Merosi
09-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Maxwell runs over to the door and carefully pulls Skippy back.

"You might be littler than me but you're not that small," he chuckles, "Use the door next time and use the cat flap for what it's meant for .... for running our toy trains into the garden."

He passes Skippy another length of train track and points to the train set that is haphazardly running all over the lounge floor.

"Neat idea ehh?" he giggles.

Thanks given by: Skippy Beresford , Julia Merosi
02-11-2015, 08:02 AM
you both are so sweet! Love to read your Stories here! <3

Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly
02-12-2015, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 01:34 AM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Thank you very much for your kind words, Miss Julia. I haven't been so active here on these boards recently but the story telling has continued.

Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Julia Merosi
02-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Hi Maxwell! I just read "The Stolen Egg" and I thought it was absolutely charming. 67 pages of absolute awesome-sauce! The iBooks store only showed that comic. Is there more available somewhere? I'd love to read more stories by you! You're a brilliant writer with such a vivid imagination.

Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ @ Cʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛʀᴀ - KɪᴛᴛʏCᴀᴛS! Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2015, 06:28 AM
(02-12-2015 02:38 PM)Maxwell Grantly Wrote:  Thank you very much for your kind words, Miss Julia. I haven't been so active here on these boards recently but the story telling has continued. You will find many free iBooks by me if you type "Maxwell Grantly" in the search bar on the iTunes store. I've even tried a comic strip style story!

ooooh i will definately look up for your books then Big Grin can't wait to read more awesome Stories!
xoxo

04-08-2015, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 12:58 PM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Thank you Miss Illuminator for your feedback - that is very kind of you indeed. I do thank you for your feedback - it's not often that people comment to me about the ebooks that they read. Sorry that I missed your question earlier but I wanted to reply and answer it now.

Yes, I have produced a large number of ebooks (mainly aimed at younger children) and they are available to download from three main locations: Amazon, iTunes and Kobo. If you browse through these, you might even spot that KittyCatS feature in some of the stories too. These kitties have been a very important part of my history.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)