Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

9 Boys in a Row. NINE. For your listening pleasure. . .
04-29-2014, 09:47 AM
RE: 9 Boys in a Row. NINE. For your listening pleasure. . .
No, it's just that the OP needed one boy and one girl to breed together to consolidate a desired trait (or traits). The lament could equally have been titled "9 girls in a row." Given that girl/boy births are statistically 50/50, it's just bad luck to get 9 of either sex in a row.

It's not about the selling.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 03:47 PM
(04-29-2014 08:08 AM)Morgan Trevellion Wrote:  So do i understand this right, boys are undesirable and girls sell? thanks

No, Morgan. An often used strategy when breeding is to pair two kitties whose traits you want to combine and breed a girl and a boy offspring. The brother and sister will not be great kitties, but they hide the same traits, so when you pair them together, they can produce great kitties in the next generation.

In my case, I had a snowshoe cream, which cost me a bit and was at the time the most recessive fur. I paired that 5 traited cream with a great9 traited kitty in my cattery. But after waiting two weeks for the cream to be old enough to breed and then nine more weeks of producing only boys, no girl to pair a boy with, I was getting pretty discouraged. By that time, two furs more recessive to snowshoe cream have been discovered and there are many lovely creams already out there. I'll never catch up.

Just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
 Thanks given by: Giuliana Verrazzano
05-08-2014, 08:17 AM
And you thought 9 was bad, out of 19 kittens i have had only 2 girls. Am i doing something wrong? Is sex really random? LOL
05-08-2014, 05:48 PM
(05-08-2014 08:17 AM)Morgan Trevellion Wrote:  And you thought 9 was bad, out of 19 kittens i have had only 2 girls. Am i doing something wrong? Is sex really random? LOL

Goes out to buy more beer. This calls for serious reinforcements.
05-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Haha, count me in for a beer ! today the no. 10 box still a boy ! ConfusedHuhUndecided

[Image: Inia_Soulstar.jpg]
05-09-2014, 08:31 AM
count me in for that beer just got another boy
05-12-2014, 10:53 AM
I feel your pain, i had a pair breed out all the boxes were boys..... i HATE when this happens

~ Luna's Lucky KittyCatS ~
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cr.../73/120/21

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)