RE: First set of Twins!
(06-21-2014 03:06 AM)Callie Cline Wrote:  anna, you rant?????? never!! Tongue

Well ok, maybe just a teensy bit from time to time Angel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 03:22 AM
(06-21-2014 08:40 AM)Giuliana Verrazzano Wrote:  
(06-21-2014 02:38 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  One thing that puzzles me though is that in your photo there are TWO separate boxes and as far as i can remember any twins i have had have always shown as two attached boxes when i've put them into 2D mode.

Hey Anna!

In box mode the kitten box looks like any other cardboard box. (<--Say that 5 times in a row lol)
http://gyazo.com/fdfc2f7c6b0cb401a30cddcccf9c01d7

When in Image mode it shows 2 separated images but they are linked as my previous post.

http://gyazo.com/f076fdf7604dd40aa1ca603fb6766440
... as far as I remember once they are brought inworld their box gets separated into two but no idea if they changed this.

Thanks everyone and again, congrats to Luna and so sorry for storming into her twins post Blush

Giulia
Giulia, they did change the separation of twins. It used to be that when you sent the twins to Cattery they would get separated. Now they are reattached. I have some old twins that were separated in the past, and now they are back together again! Smile
07-01-2014, 09:28 AM
So, what are the odds of twins? Well, I have no idea. But I observe that Charm has received far more gems than twins. So, I'm guessing you're far more unlikely to get twins than a gem. (And we all know how infuriatingly rarely gems appear.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 11:14 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
What strikes me is, I received my first twins recently after 3 years heavily breeding, is that when we unbox them there is no way to tell it were twins.
I wish they get a twin tag otherwise we only have a unique box to look at.
Obviously I didn't birth my twins although I wish I could Smile

Gongrats with your Twins Luna :-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Luna1987 Resident
07-09-2014, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 02:38 AM by Eurydice Barzane.)
(06-19-2014 05:58 PM)Luna1987 Resident Wrote:  I had my first set o twins overnight!

Both Male with same stats.....
Fur: Pandie - Ebony & Ivory
Eyes: Genesis Odessey (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Frisky
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Mysterious)
Size: Normal

Congratulations, Luna! Twins are rarer than gems so it's always exciting to get twin kitties!

My KittyCats have given me twins a few times in the past but they have always been identical. I remember being told by a few breeders that all KittyCats twins are identical.

But... about four days ago my kitties gave me FRATERNAL twins. This was in cattery while I was waking up the cats to have kittens so I saw it happen.

I checked at least 4 times... . I only had one pair of Soft Black Foxies with posh/potential posh tail breeding that day - one female cat with glitter shade, the male cat with flair shade.

As for the twins, the female twin has twinkle shade, the male has flair. They both have posh tails. The parents show both kittens being born on the same day, so I'm certain they are twins.

I've 'hatched' them in cattery, so I can't see the box now unfortunately.

Maybe it was a KittyCats glitch? If it was it was the best glitch I've encountered. Smile

ps: Congrats to Giuliana, too! Heart

edit: Congratulations to Ivy, also! Smile
07-09-2014, 01:40 AM
And Congrats to you! Those sound like some cute cats indeed!

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Eurydice Barzane
07-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Mine came as 2 boxes, I will have to pull them into SL and see what happens .... there is no "twin" text with them

~ Luna's Lucky KittyCatS ~
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cr.../73/120/21
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
07-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Very cool..i have had identical, and non identical, but not fraternal yet! I hope that one is next Smile from my breedings.

(07-09-2014 12:34 AM)Eurydice Barzane Wrote:  
(06-19-2014 05:58 PM)Luna1987 Resident Wrote:  I had my first set o twins overnight!

Both Male with same stats.....
Fur: Pandie - Ebony & Ivory
Eyes: Genesis Odessey (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Frisky
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Mysterious)
Size: Normal

Congratulations, Luna! Twins are rarer than gems so it's always exciting to get twin kitties!

My KittyCats have given me twins a few times in the past but they have always been identical. I remember being told by a few breeders that all KittyCats twins are identical.

But... about four days ago my kitties gave me FRATERNAL twins. This was in cattery while I was waking up the cats to have kittens so I saw it happen.

I checked at least 4 times... . I only had one pair of Soft Black Foxies with posh/potential posh tail breeding that day - one female cat with glitter shade, the male cat with flair shade.

As for the twins, the female twin has twinkle shade, the male has flair. They both have posh tails. The parents show both kittens being born on the same day, so I'm certain they are twins.

I've 'hatched' them in cattery, so I can't see the box now unfortunately.

Maybe it was a KittyCats glitch? If it was it was the best glitch I've encountered. Smile

ps: Congrats to Giuliana, too! Heart

edit: Congratulations to Ivy, also! Smile

The Catbird Seat ~ Happily breeding since November 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)