Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Send in world food to the cattery & Trade food.
10-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Send in world food to the cattery & Trade food.
[undefined=undefined]I believe I do not speak only for my self; but half of the community that buy in world and on market, that we wish for a way not only to trade food with others, BUT To send food into the cattery.If you can trade portable food snacks why not trade real food? if you can transfer L into K, why not food? Click the food bowl, transfer it to online cattery, put an update script in the system for the food bowls , and send it out in the group chat . meeroo's were able to do something similar, but we should not have to buy double food for both set's of cat's we wish to keep.I believe this is LONG over due, and more people would be into kitty cats if you could do this . It's been suggested many a times. [/undefined]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: Send in world food to the cattery & Trade food.
(10-19-2014 12:03 PM)SamanthaPrater Resident Wrote:  [undefined=undefined]I believe I do not speak only for my self; but half of the community that buy in world and on market, that we wish for a way not only to trade food with others, BUT To send food into the cattery.If you can trade portable food snacks why not trade real food? if you can transfer L into K, why not food? Click the food bowl, transfer it to online cattery, put an update script in the system for the food bowls , and send it out in the group chat . meeroo's were able to do something similar, but we should not have to buy double food for both set's of cat's we wish to keep.I believe this is LONG over due, and more people would be into kitty cats if you could do this . It's been suggested many a times. [/undefined]

All decisions and policies made by KittyCats! owners are to increase and maintain their revenue and profits. Your proposal, like most here, would do the opposite. So, don't hold your breath waiting for any changes that would benefit the breeders.
10-22-2014, 10:19 AM
(10-19-2014 03:10 PM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  
(10-19-2014 12:03 PM)SamanthaPrater Resident Wrote:  [undefined=undefined]I believe I do not speak only for my self; but half of the community that buy in world and on market, that we wish for a way not only to trade food with others, BUT To send food into the cattery.If you can trade portable food snacks why not trade real food? if you can transfer L into K, why not food? Click the food bowl, transfer it to online cattery, put an update script in the system for the food bowls , and send it out in the group chat . meeroo's were able to do something similar, but we should not have to buy double food for both set's of cat's we wish to keep.I believe this is LONG over due, and more people would be into kitty cats if you could do this . It's been suggested many a times. [/undefined]

All decisions and policies made by KittyCats! owners are to increase and maintain their revenue and profits. Your proposal, like most here, would do the opposite. So, don't hold your breath waiting for any changes that would benefit the breeders.

I disagree with this, I believe it would actually help increase things as people would be able to spend one amount, a larger amount for food and be able to use it in both places. I know I certainly would. There have been times when I was heavy on the breeding inworld and had all this food (20packs x2 or 3 or more) and then had to stop due to prim limits or whatnot. So now my only choice is to allow them to get sick in the inventory or cattery since i cant send the food in with them. Also the price for Cattery food is currently a little more expensive as we have to figure out the L$ cost to convert into K$ cash. If there was one set amount then people would buy more knowing it could be versatile and used in both places. This of course is just my opinion but it is how I see it. Thank you for sharing and allowing me to share. Have a nice day Smile

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
10-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Transferring food, milk or other consumables to and from the Cattery would be a very nice feature.

The primary issue I see with implementing it would be handling partially consumed food and milk. It's certainly possible, but might be overlooked and the possibility of error greatly increases the risk of abuse. So, my feeling is, at least initially, only new bowls (not just showing 100%, but completely unused) should be transferred. Even this, though, might unnecessarily increase complains and support work-load since, even in the few seconds between rezzing a bowl and sending it to the Cattery, it is possible for a cat to consume a bit, either causing a failure, or losing the fact that a kibble/lick was consumed.

Transferring food and other consumables to other avatars has, with other breedable products, been a major cause of abuse and fraud. KittyCatS chose, way back when, to prevent those problems by making consumables non-transfer. While it would certainly be nice to have the ability, I see no way to offer the feature while also preventing the rampant fraud we saw with those other breedables and, therefore, see no reason KittyCatS should change there policy on this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: GhostCollective Resident , Kayleigh McMillan
10-23-2014, 07:47 AM
Yes, I've heard of fraude with transferable food by other breedables as well.
Fake food was in roulation and whatnot why I understand KC made it no transfer.
From my understanding what Tad is saying it could be an option to be able to lock and unlock food from being consumed just so people can send their not consumed food to the cattery.
Not sure if it is even a workable system.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-23-2014, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 08:48 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
I thought of that. In-world food and milk would need to be 'disabled' out-of-the-box. (Note that the issues are easily worked around in the Cattery, in-world is where it takes special consideration.)

This would change how food works:

1) one would be required to remember to 'enable' the food/milk when setting it out. This will lead to far more 'why are my cats not eating' questions.

2) automatic feeders would need to 'enable' food/milk when rezzing it from object inventory. This would either render all after-market feeders inoperable, or force their users to 'enable' each bowl, individually, by hand, prior to placing it in object inventory.

My approach to the problem would be to allow partial-bowl transfers to the Cattery. I would display a message clearly stating the amount to be transferred, so the user knows it's not 'a bowl'. I would pay close attention to race conditions and rounding errors since I would not want someone discovering a way to feed a kibble in-world while sending the bowl to the Cattery with that kibble still in it .. then pulling the bowl back in-world to rinse and repeat.

What is a race condition? This is the term we use when the outcome critically depends upon time. Consider the simple construct 'if (count > 0) then do_something'. Seems simple enough. But what if something comes along between the 'if' and the 'do' changing the count to zero? We're now doing something with a count of 0 even though we (mistakenly) believe we just checked it was non-zero. Yes, this can be countered, but it's something you need to consider BEFORE you blythely write the simple way. Finding races afterwards is extremely difficult and often they're only found after something goes wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
10-23-2014, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 08:47 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(10-23-2014 08:34 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I thought of that. In-world food and milk would need to be 'disabled' out-of-the-box. (Note that the issues are easily worked around in the Cattery, in-world is where it takes special consideration.)

This would change how food works:

1) one would be required to remember to 'enable' the food/milk when setting it out. This will lead to far more 'why are my cats not eating' questions.

2) automatic feeders would need to 'enable' food/milk when rezzing it from object inventory. This would either render all after-market feeders inoperable, or force their users to 'enable' each bowl, individually, by hand, prior to placing it in object inventory.

My approach to the problem would be to allow partial-bowl transfers to the Cattery. I would display a message clearly stating the amount to be transferred, so the user knows it's not 'a bowl'. I would pay close attention to race conditions and rounding errors since I would not want someone discovering a way to feed a kibble in-world while sending the bowl to the Cattery with that kibble still in it .. then pulling the bowl back in-world to rinse and repeat.

Perhaps alternativally is that when food is unpacked/ first rezzed or rezzed on the mat it will be per default locked for say a half hour or even shorter after which it unlocks itself.
This gives the end user time to move it to the Online Cattery while the cats can not eat from it a limited time.
This to avoid the question why is my cat not eating etc.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)