Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Paired kitties unpair
10-24-2014, 03:32 AM
Paired kitties unpair
Hello,

I have been noticing for a while now that if I define a couple from the moment I hatch them and put them together ticking the box, they will split anyway at the 11th day...

Bug? Or is it meant to be like that?

Thank you

Q
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2014, 07:26 AM
RE: Paired kitties unpair
I've been finding that I can't set auto-partner on the ones just born, but I was thinking it was an isolated thing that happens in the online cattery. I tend to pair them right of the boxes because I don't want to forget who they are supposed to partner with. Is this intended? Partnering one time works just fine but the auto doesn't seem to work until after the first auto break up.

[Image: sneaks_forum_signature.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sh...2/224/2001
 Thanks given by: Quantic Kimono
10-24-2014, 07:29 AM
I can't comment on whether it's a bug or not, because I usually do not partner my kitties until they are at least 7 days old. Hopefully one of the officials from KittyCatS! can provide an answer for you though, Q! Smile

Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ @ Cʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛʀᴀ - KɪᴛᴛʏCᴀᴛS! Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs
 Thanks given by: Quantic Kimono
10-24-2014, 07:31 AM
Sneakpastu,

That is exactly what is happening with me too.
10-24-2014, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2014 08:30 AM by KittyCats Resident.)
hi all Smile

The partnership will break in any case if the cats didnt have a baby within 11 days.

The behaviour is described at this page:

http://kittycats.biz/help/article.php?id=23

"Once you paired your cats they will stay partners until they have a kitten or for 11 days. If you selected the option to have the partnership extended it will not break after they had a kitten."

The reason why we made them unpartner after 11 days without a baby (even if set to auto unpartner) was to provide a way to unpartner the cats for free in any case.

However, this indeed means a problem if you partner your cats right after unpacking them, as they will not have gained 100% love by that time.

Regards
KittyCatS
10-24-2014, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2014 08:49 AM by Quantic Kimono.)
(10-24-2014 08:29 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  hi all Smile

The partnership will break in any case if the cats didnt have a baby within 11 days.

"Once you paired your cats they will stay partners until they have a kitten or for 11 days. If you selected the option to have the partnership extended it will not break after they had a kitten."

The reason why we made them unpartner after 11 days without a baby (even if set to auto unpartner) was to provide a way to unpartner the cats for free in any case.

However, this indeed means a problem if you partner your cats right after unpacking them, as they will not have gained 100% love by that time.

Regards
KittyCatS

Hi KittyCats,

Thank you for your explanation. However, the kitties are breaking up when they hit 11 days old if I partner them and tick re-partner. If I pair them again and tick the box a 2nd time, they are not splitting.... it is only the first 11 days of life regardless of ticking the re-partner box or not... I hope I was a bit more clear.

Q
10-24-2014, 09:08 AM
That is what happens to mine in the online cattery as well.

[Image: sneaks_forum_signature.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sh...2/224/2001
10-25-2014, 01:45 PM
(10-24-2014 08:40 AM)Quantic Kimono Wrote:  
(10-24-2014 08:29 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  hi all Smile

Regards
KittyCatS

Hi KittyCats,

Thank you for your explanation. However, the kitties are breaking up when they hit 11 days old if I partner them and tick re-partner. If I pair them again and tick the box a 2nd time, they are not splitting.... it is only the first 11 days of life regardless of ticking the re-partner box or not... I hope I was a bit more clear.

Q

Hi Quantic,

Unpartnering always happens if your cats didnt have a kitten within 11 days, regardless of the fact they are set to partner one time or auto repartner.

Auto repartner only means they will repartner on their own if they had a baby within 11 days or less.

Note the sentence in the manual: "If you selected the option to have the partnership extended it will not break after they had a kitten."

I hope that clarifies it for you.

Regards
KittyCatS

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)