Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Boundary device
12-17-2014, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 09:42 AM by MadmanJohn Resident.)
Lightbulb Boundary device
My wife and I have different opinions on megapuss boundaries and that gave me an idea.

So for example purposes, let's say you had a large area for your house like a 1/4 sim.

One thing we know about linden lag waves is that they will throw a cat off sim and that's part of what causes them to disappear from the grid. Over time I have learned to try and keep cat home positions near to the center of the parcel as possible and keep them away from sim edges. This saves on support tickets. Big Grin

Problem I have is that now we have megapuss' home position near the center of the house and about 10 that run rampant in the house. Undecided

So how about a "off limits" device. This would be a small object that you could hide under furniture or other objects and would have a range setting. Basically it would work range same as it does for the cats. When you go to set range it would put a red circle where you could see what position you would need it to be at and create a no cat zone where none could be IN the circle.

Also on the menu you would need a setting strictly for the mega's and one for "all cats", and maybe my cats, and group cats. This way megas or a select group of cats would stay outside the circle or at least by positioning the device and working with the circle size could at least keep them out of certain congested areas that cause them to get stuck or go nuts trying to get free. By using a few different ones and small circles you could create small no cat zones away from other objects and trouble areas.

This would solve a lot of issues with placement and may also save on lost cat support tickets and give us more precise placement of cats, and also get the missus off my back about megas in the house.

Just a thought, how about some opinions?

I started a cat comic project with our family & kittycats, Everyone keeps telling me to post this so here it is. Thanks for watching Big Grin HERE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: Boundary device
Such devices cause lag and still won't always prevent cats leaving the area.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-21-2014, 03:41 PM

Sounds like you need a barn!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
12-22-2014, 12:44 PM
If you have the land rights to partition your land, you can create a sub-parcel for your house. The cats would have the run of the main parcel, but the house would be in a separate parcel and hence off-limits. This would involve no sensor-scripts (such scripts do cause lag, pretty bad if they are constantly checking for presence of something).

Just be careful, if you do it, to watch out for group tag and such when you create the parcel. yikes, and ... well, take all precautions against unintended sendbacks. (If you make a tiny parcel on a spot that's full of prims, it can under certain conditions cause a sendback. For example, if the space has 150 prims of stuff on it and you make a 256 sq m parcel, the default capacity of that new parcel would only be maybe 60 prims ... so make sure that your stuff is all set to the right group and things.)
Find all posts by this user
12-23-2014, 12:21 AM
(12-22-2014 12:44 PM)Vrem Vaniva Wrote:  ... well, take all precautions against unintended sendbacks.
(If you make a tiny parcel on a spot that's full of prims, it can under certain conditions cause a sendback.
For example, if the space has 150 prims of stuff on it and you make a 256 sq m parcel,
the default capacity of that new parcel would only be maybe 60 prims ...

I was doing some creative land divisions once,
and had my 2500 prim nightclub get auto-returned into my inventory
in one giant coalesced clump! Talk about sucks!

Exercise caution!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)