Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

I Remember When.....
05-19-2015, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 08:19 PM by Callie Cline.)
RE: I Remember When.....
i remember when equinox and i had a talk and we mentioned making some animals to give away to people, and i said, hmmm, "if i am going to work that hard, i'd want to get paid..." and then i said "hmm how about cats?" and she replied "oh i love cats, i'll ask my friend if they will script them!"

i remember writing her every few days asking "did you ask them yet?" and her saying "not yet"...

i remember being super excited...

i remember thinking i'd hire someone to do all the sculpts and textures...

i remember being scared to death when the "texture" person said they didn't want to, and i "should"...

i remember wondering how i'd ever learn to texture in 3d...

i remember our first "team" meeting...

i remember thinking OMG what have i done????

i remember my first textures of fur and thinking, oh wow this is gonna be harder than i thought...

i remember some quite interesting "discussions" with kittycats on what worked and what didn't...

i remember making a 2d illustration and finding some old ones of cats i did and working tirelessly to make the sculpts look like that FACE!!!

i remember seeing it slowly come into view thru tons of revisions and modifications... and more modifications and MORE..

i remember trying all different ways to make eyes before finally going with the way we did it...

i remember thinking a "fur" wasn't done seeing mistakes and Equinox and Kittycats saying "no one will EVER see that!"..

i remember NOT believing them...

i remember a lot of things like that!

i remember our first born cats... LOL (they did NOT look like a cat)

i remember when we beta tested and people we so excited!

i remember a lot about that beginning over 4.5 years ago...

i remember thinking "we have the BEST community"

i remember a lot of good things...

i try to remember that there is SO much more good than bad.

i remember a LOT more but for now i'll stop!

oh i remember that me and equinox both independently thought of the name KittyCatS probably on the same day and when she told me i was like OMG NO WAY, to myself, and yes!!! Smile

i remember when we made a RL dock that you touched in your house that would bring your SL cat into your REAL house and it would be alive!! (then i woke up)

then end.. for now Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Winter Phoenix , Ryanna Enfield , Cygnoir Blanc , Devilness Chant , Dimpz Morane , Ivy Norsk , MsMagick Resident
05-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Heart RE: I Remember When.....
(04-17-2015 09:38 AM)Devilness Chant Wrote:  I can assure you I don't need or want pity. What didn't kill me made me a heck of a lot stronger and I ended up with one heck of a sense of humor. Laughter is the best medicine.

Amen To That! Huggies! No Pity Here I Promise but just a BIG FREAKING HUG GuRL!!!!
I know Your pain! It reminded me of good times and ofcoarse some horrible bad times. RL & SL in different topics!
But it also reminded me of Loving Moments in SL & RL Heart

One Major Moment is how My Grandmother use to tell me the saying that:
"What doesn't Kill ya! Will Make "You" Stronger!"
After a while and growing up a little bit my self. I would start off My reply to The World's Bestest Grandmother in the World that some how her voice was like giving you a Hug over the phone each time she spoke, n matter how far away you were and no matter how many many many oh so many years you had not been near her.
"Grandma please forgive me for cussing but I must be one tuff a&& Cookie then!"
She would laugh and then say something long the line of Now Honey.... and give me words of encouragement and ect. for what ever was going on and ect.
So Thank You for that! BIG TIME!

I remember the Heart Love Heart I saw in Kittycats when i 1st started. it was Freaking every where It was like being in a Dream World. It is not all over the place like it use to be. [ which i will leave out comments in my mind that would have gone here lolol man i got an itch but i not going to itch it but there more to the eye than the eye can see is all i' going to say here].
But the Love is still here and very very strong and Fun. It is just not all over the place like it use to be. Which is fine by me. Not Great But it fine. I can't force people either. And don't' want to either. Just wish and pray for them.
I do dislike some of it not just because of it but because of new comers like I once was. I wish for them to see what I saw "ALL OVER" the place. I want them to experience what I and others have when first coming in. Not the hate and stupidity and well ya'll know.

The Fun and Love is still here and it will Grow again "BECAUSE" Love truley Concurs ALL. I Love making new collars and new beds and houses and playing with the kitties and laughing and joking and the joy they bring to some other RL people in My Life. There are certain things they will not enjoy any more nor get the chance to enjoy because of some messiness ( i guess is what i will call it) in the KC community and a little bit that has nothign to do with the KC community. But that is all Good. The LOVE was shown to them and they were given other adventures to tackle in the KC Community by the Love that is STILL HERE and STILL VERY VERY STRONG! It too is one tuff a&& Cookie. There has been so so so much KittyCatS Community Love shown to these other RL ones that there hasn't been enough time in a day for them to adventure it all!!!!!! Big Grin Heart hehehe
I to want that Love back every where. It may never go there and I totally understand why and it all good but the Love is still here and strong and will GROW so freaking HUGE again like it was before or even more so. So no worries Devilness it will come Heart
As for remembering things I miss the dang classes there use to be. Man those were so helpful Heart Lirith Heart and others had. (sorry spelling not my thing ) Now I couldnt' make them all but i did try. And they were there and i learned so much every time. It kind of makes me think about what i'm not learning now because they are no more.
Also I am putting less $$$ in SL at different moments in my life because i'm working on an RL Business. Not a big one but in hopes it will grow to at least a small one . hehehehehe. So that those other RL ones can have the things I want to give and provide for them. I have always but all my L$ back into SL and only cashed out to pay land tier for those other RL ones. hahahaha But My point is that I was blessed that I didn't really see the Ugly when i didn't spend as much on kitties. Some did drop me but that is there loss. there are some i dont' understand that can't say hello and just want to TP me places lolol oh well. I dont have time to tp to each and every place or even the time for hellos so it all good with me. But those that I can't TP to that are understanding I Love ya More. I only had one person take me off their list of TPs but it all good I get the same TP's they were sending out form like 3 to 4 other people. I was just "$$$$$$$$$$" to them in the 1st place I think. and that is all good. I dont' blame them. got to get the Kibble some how lol.
I do put price caps on certain kitties and yes I not going to lie my price cap is not at times depending on the kitty and the 'ol L$-bank account a fair price for such a kitty but if i get it for a price lower then good for me. i know who i got it from and will go back when there are more L$ to spare and share the L$ Love. Or at least see wht else they got and send others looking their way when i can.
Some times it works out some times it don;t when sending others. I not goign to try and get claim for some of the jpeople sent either like some people do. i dont' want nothing else I already got a badass kitty at auction. hehehehe. Shoot or yes if you get a kitty at a Badass price send them a little tip in their window. Or a collar that they can keep or sale or some thing else. it is still sharing the love. And paying it forward. Keep the Heart LOVE Heart growing.

Also I like to remember that we all come from different back grounds. "In SL and RL" So some people don't know how to behave them selves. Some just don't care or were never taught. So I got to remember this. But ALSO!!!! never forget the backgrounds there are many!!!! "From All Over the World" in many launguages and some times things not just in languages BUT ALSO in how things are done in life just "don't translate" right to others. some times in the same country.
In RL Got family came to the States from another Country a few years back and well just the way of things were different in doing. People I have seen forget this. here in SL. But doesn't make them all right "nor" all wrong. Let's just say [ oh dang it. Not going to go there] but i will say there are some no-nos no matter what country.
But Love will concur all. Heart and will grow. It just may not reach some or some areas.
Soooooooo No Reason to go too far. Just sit a spell and Love with Find You. Have Fun. It still here just need to look in a diff spot or hang your Hat in a different area of the community for a while. Wink Trust me there is soooo much Love still out there soooooo soooo soooo much Freaking Fun still out there that there just isn't enough time in a day for all of it!!!!! Heart

ok now that I probably wrote a novel now I go back to that Love and Fun that is still in SL and still in the KittyCatS Community!!!! And do some Love Growing of my self Heart hehehe:heart
Love the Love

~ Tigger BounceBounce - VeetMesser

*~* This And That Cats *~* Click Here For Taxi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
05-22-2015, 01:21 AM
I will remember ... reading this post.. and just taking that breath .. to stop.. and just simply read and think about when things were simple, thank you for this post
Huggs to all Heart

http://truekittens.wordpress.com
http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/147491
http://twitter.com/TrueKittens
So many cats, so little time......
05-22-2015, 02:25 AM
I am BACK!!!!!
no no no dont' run away i just want to share some more!

I remember ......
How I found out that there were KittyCatS in SL. I was looking for a buiness that use to be in SL back in 07-09 and a search for it landed me where there were a whole Bunch of Kitties and nice handful of Baby Menagerie Tigers [ or maybe they were just tea cups?? ] dont' remember the ages on them. But now I know how much it takes to get one of those Tigers, DANG they must have been freaking RICH! lol But i do remember walking around and saw this Mega out on the ground outside and stretched out sleep [but i thought he was dying....lol] Well that sent me on a hunt to figure out how i could get one of those rainbow colored kitties. But I didnt want a teny tiny one. [they too small i was thinking and man they were fast] I wanted a bit bigger one and more mellow one lololol] well bigger I got Thank You Sis. King Achoo is much Loved , but mellow ????? ummm i dont' think so and I dont 'mind that at all. ...hehehehehe]
Well my hunt to find out what these things were lead me a few places but finally found the "KittyCatS Addicts" group and the questions just started flowing and flowing and flowing hahahhahahaha And a Amazing Woman Cricket found me. after a while she IM'd me to answer some more questions and then and then and Then she "DID IT!" hahahaha she wanted to give me a kitty to try out. First warning before she gave him to me was dont' open the box touch it. I had to promise her. hehehe then Veeter was born and then..... well ya'll knwo the rest of that story hehehehehe

I remember ....... learning even more how to be creative in reducing the primage on my land so that there would be enough room for . . .. . .. Kitties. Meshing and meshing/ I always wanted to learn mesh. But coudn't get the hang of blender kind of meshing but i had to figure out meshing so I would have a lower Land Impact for..... you guessed it KITTIES!!!! I was so happy so so so very happy to learn there were other ways to mesh and InWorld Tools that could mesh!!!! Did a bit of research on the different tools and ect. ANd tested out demos when there were some. joined te product groups for them asked questions and so so much more. Then after a while of lessons and still tryin got learn blendor here an dthere[I gave up on that] and purchased a InWorld tools so that i could cut down that nasty Land Impact ....for .....yes ....yes "The Kitties!!!!" hehehhe Totally worth it

Wait Wait we can make our own collars ?!?!?!?!?! No way and then sell them also !!! WoooHoooo! talk about a happy camper here I was heehheeehehehe. I remember IMing Callie about how I could offer owner sets to my customers hen they bought a kitty collar like she did in the main store. and she told me i could use a regular prim hhahahhahahhahahhahahhahaha (ooops! ok that fall once again from the chair hurt a little} man did I feel stupid being a builder and not thinking of that hahahahhhaha Man that was such great news to me and my brain lolololol. in my deference My RL Ones, My RL fur ball and I were all sick for a couple weeks at that moment in time Sad lol But totally made me feel better !!!! Busted out the GIMP and got started making Owner sets on top of new collars Smile Heart

Oh i remember the first time i lost a little fur ball. Sad I was in a sky box i just built and well i thought i built it right but SL is trippy some times and well the dang Little fast thing dissapeared. after all the tricks to hunt it down were exhausted I was down at my Gift shop and did even an area search down there because thinking maybe it fell down on the ground i was told. no kitty. Sad But then a nice man from the support group that was helping me found it up in the air wlaking on air hahhaaha. Now that is what I call customer service i remember thinking. Here this employee came all the way out to help me find this kitty So i woudn't have to file a support ticket. He TP me to him and said look at his feet. Well this Old Gal couldnt' even see the kitty at his feet lolol. but no worries I got my kitty back. TALK about awesome and didn't make me feel bad because i'm an old gal [not really] couldn't see the dang kitty at his feet. Thank You so much. ( I have gasses now and still dont' see some things but SL glitches or internet connection does that not me I found out hehehehe

OH! OH! OH! I rememeber the "NoteCard LOVE" hehehehehe I still picture My self siting Indian style on the floor of my gift shop asking in group how to count triats and ect as my new kitty boxes were coming and coming or how long again ?? would it be for this baby box to come???? and picture My self being buried in Notecard Love being dropped on me for dozens and dozens of the KittyCatS Community Family! heheehhe. On more than one occasion hehehehehe I kept loosing them in my invo. Dont' know how but it happened. So I made a Texture in GIMP that helped me count the traits and I turned it into a HUD about 2 years ago. Man it was so so so hard to walk around the markets and look for kitties trying to count the traits on them with all these note cards in my window. But the HUD Texture worked amazingly for me. Thought of selling it for like L$10 but!!! nope had to share just like all others shared with me Heart Then came the Love wall chart. Grabbed one of those Love Calculation notecards and took it into GIMP and took the longest time to line every thing up. Was still just learning GIMP as well. Smile but it was made. Made it out of regular prims at first and then as my meshing skills increased, It was Meshed! This To I had to share. It has been so great to hear back form others that it has helped. huggies to all

i remembering hearing how kittycats came about just recently and thought how freaking kool is that. Just some things are ment to be and that when there is a will there is a way and that all of the fun and love that I have and have gotten in KittyCatS was ment to be and has come at some very very tuff times in my life and helped not just me but some other RL Littles as well.

But BEST OF ALL ...... I remember the sequels of Joy, Laughter and so so so so many other things that have come from a couple of RL Littles because of KittyCatS and the KittyCatS Community. Like Ones LadyBug Kitty or another Little Ones Joy in his Bunny Kitties and Knight Kitty and the Castles I made oh and his Fav fur that I was Able to get him in a Mega now and see such great details and the ridding oh the ridding and jumping. The Boxes they have opened and the bilions of boxes that I have stopped them from opening as nightmares of the Kibble bills that would come from allowing them to open all those boxes. oh and exsplaining over and over and over that all the kitties in the market are not our kitties nad we can't open those boxes. hahahhahahhahaha those are other peoples kitties oh and then hearing them to ask me to "Buy Them! Buy Them! Buy Them, Pleeeeeease! Please Buy Them!" hahahhahahhahaha way too fun each and every time. Oh man ! oh and how i learned not to leave L$ on this account when i go to another room for even a split second hahhahahahha oh what fun!

But I also remember the Love and comfort that was given to me that I felt comfortable making my AV a female in the KittyCats community instead of hiding behind a male AV so i wouldn't be harassed in SL to the pleading of two of my now SL sisters. Thank You Cricket and My Moon! Oh and i remember Cricket IMing me to TP me to places that had awesome "Female" hair and clothing and events forgetting that I was in a Male AV at the time. hahahha. it was too funny.
(Even if Our Cricket not in SL much now she is still in our hearts.)
I feel so much better as a Female in SL than hiding behind a male AV. Us Girls got way better and much more clothes. Maybe too much hahhahahahhahhaa. But the Men are sure catching up Smile

~ Tigger BounceBounce - VeetMesser

*~* This And That Cats *~* Click Here For Taxi
05-22-2015, 05:03 AM
I remember growing up as an extreme introvert with social anxiety disorder (not that they had a name for it then) with extreme extrovert mother & older sister. I was constantly verbally & physically abused by both of them.

I remember when I decided it was better to be alone than in a relationship & being lonely & forgotten.

I remember when a friend talked me into joining SL. it was a bit disappointing when my social anxiety followed me there.

I remember when I found the Tinies of Raglan Shire. I found love, acceptance, & companionship there that brought happiness.

I remember wanting a kitty in sl as I am a kitty person in rl. I tried a couple of different ones, but they both turned into a bad experience with very poor customer service. each time, I boxed up what I had & gave them away.

I remember when my lucky chair hud said a prize was a kittycat. of course, I had to check it out. I fell in love with him. he was a flame with sunshine eyes. I've had kittycats ever since.

I remember being totally ignored in chat & it's still that way. so I withdrew posting kitties that I get that I think are awesome. I stopped letting it hurt me. but I still cheer one others. that's me.

I still love kittycats. most of mine now a permapets. I'll never part with them.
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , Devilness Chant , Ryanna Enfield , anna Acanthus
05-22-2015, 12:13 PM
awww Sena, i wanted to comment about your comment about being ignored in chat...

it can seem that way and it's a bit hurtful to have that thought that people are ignoring us.... i know for me it is sometimes.

about chat... what i try to remember... (sometimes i say hi and no one replies) is that,

1. sometimes there is chat lag overall
2. sometimes some ppl have chat lag or can't post in chat who may want to
3. sometimes many have chat open then get other IM's or something in RL
4. sometimes people walk away from their computer.

i truly don't think anyone would want to ignore anyone though it can seem that way, i know at times i don't reply to a lot of chat because i am doing other things.

keep trying because we love to see your Kitties and we love seeing awesome kitties and in SL we all have to deal with just not knowing why things happen (i guess like real life) but in SL we have many more technical errors!!

i am so happy that you love your kitties!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for sharing!!!
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , MsMagick Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Devilness Chant , anna Acanthus
05-22-2015, 03:20 PM
(05-22-2015 05:03 AM)Sena Nansen Wrote:  

I remember when a friend talked me into joining SL. it was a bit disappointing when my social anxiety followed me there.

I remember when I found the Tinies of Raglan Shire. I found love, acceptance, & companionship there that brought happiness.

I remember being totally ignored in chat & it's still that way. so I withdrew posting kitties that I get that I think are awesome. I stopped letting it hurt me. but I still cheer one others. that's me.

I still love kittycats. most of mine now a permapets. I'll never part with them.

Feel free to laugh at me for this one. (I do lol) I have two phobias in rl. One is being in crowds or closed in places. And the other one is heights.
I don't mind crowds in sl, cept the lag kills my pc, But when I have a home I make a yard and don't use a house. The few times I have (and I have a number of homes in my inventory) They have to have lots of windows. lol

I don't have the fear of heights in sl because nothing happens when I fall. But in video games, my hands actually sweat, and I tense up, because my chara can die in the game. lol

I understand how you feel about chat and feeling ignored. I think it's like the things Callie pointed out, but I think it's because sometimes there are sooo many ppl in chat that we get lost. And sometimes, like me ppl just pop in and out of chat.

I don't pay attention to chat much anymore, but there have been times I've seen someone ask a question and it scrolls so fast ppl miss it. When I catch it, I try to answer them and if the chat keeps going fast I try to im them and help.

I've had the same feeling many times that I was being ignored. But there have been times I jumped in on convos and had a lot of laughs with ppl too. Sometimes it's hit or miss. So don't just give up. Every once in a while I jump in and depending on the feed back I'll stick around or just do something else. I do think it has to do with the number of ppl that are participating and not so much that I'm being ignored.

For all the kitties that I missed you posting and all your future kitties. CONGRATS!

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)