Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Loooooooots of kitties with no prices
05-22-2015, 08:24 AM
RE: Loooooooots of kitties with no prices
(05-22-2015 07:10 AM)ShelleySerenity Resident Wrote:  Where does one get this "KittyCat$ Calculator - MiniHud". and how much would it cost ? It sounds VERY useful.
Thanks for the information.

Shelley

You can get the hud here.... The KittyBox It's 750L.

Now I should get a hold of the developer so he can start giving me a commission! haaaaaaaaaaaa

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2015, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2015 01:47 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
RE: Loooooooots of kitties with no prices
The current market values it shows are definitely getting better for established traits (now I often price just under what it says, but then still adjust down if needed), but a lot of the others are still way too high.

Ex: I priced my Double Stubbys down to around a 1/3 of the estimated current market it showed and they still weren't selling. I'm since dropped them down much further. I think they just aren't new or recessive enough to be "special" anymore but it is still giving them premium pricing. I just generated this:

And yet... no one has snatched any of these up yet:
Double Stubbys
(The 7T above was the last one added, which I finally just priced pretty much as normal. I'll probably further reduce some of the others as well.)

I do still use my HUD as a reference/starting point, especially when dealing with new-to-me traits, but you have to also go by experience. I'll also often price check a petite or bigger de big as if it were a normal-sized cat, or check the price of a cat with "new" trait by substituting a trait next to it on the recessiveness charts to see how much it is marking up for things that just don't give the bump it indicates.

BTW - I do wonder if any of the prices used are from overpriced boxes sitting unsold in shops gathering dust vs. boxes that have actually sold. Also, the prices on new traits, such as those sold at auction, can go really high, fluctuate all over the place and then plummet as they become more common, and it would take time for any tool to catch up.

And, for the record, I do LOVE the seller's other stuff, like my signature updater. :-) Not only does it update my signature, but I get all the info on the new born kitten in local chat even if I am not at home to check the box. (No rushing home from a dance to check the traits!) :-) It is very cool!
(For some reason, the prices generated from it when the boxes are "born" often vary ever so slightly from the ones given when using the website, even if I use the website right afterward. I have no idea why.)

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)