Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Unable to Access "Support"
04-18-2015, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 01:01 AM by RiverFalcon Resident.)
Bug Unable to Access "Support"
I am able to log into this account and post on these forums with no problem, as you can see by the fact there I can write this post. However, when I try to click on "Support" I keep returning to the "log in" page and I am requested to log in again. Even when I do enter my details again (or again) every time I try to access "Support" by clicking on the above tab, I keep returning to the "log in" page.

I have tried clearing my cache but this does not rectify the problem. I have tried to access "Support" from an alternate account (to see whether it works for other accounts) but this only repeats the problem that I have. I have tried to access the "Support" section from different starting points from around this site but the problem reoccurs each time.

Now, I was able to open a ticket yesterday and so I am sure everything was working then. The good news is that I do NOT want to open a ticket - I merely wanted to thank the staff for attending to my previous problem, using the feedback function in the ticket.

However, although I do not want to use "Support" to raise an issue, I am bringing this problem to the attention of KittyCatS in case other customers are unable to access "Support." Since I cannot thank the staff for dealing with yesterday's ticket using the feedback function in the ticket, I shall do it here instead: "Thank you for attending to my ticket - I do appreciate it."

For your information, I am using an iMac and my browser is Safari.

Best wishes.

From the Drylands of the Sandmen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2015, 05:47 AM
RE: Unable to Access "Support"
I'm on an iMac and using Safari. Sometimes when my browser starts doing very weird things, I clear my browser cache and also make sure my Downloads folder is empty and also empty my Trash. Then relog into Safari. This seems to free things up and fixes strange anomalies.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: RiverFalcon Resident
04-18-2015, 08:37 AM
The support system uses a different set of login credentials (because it's an off-site for-pay service).

Usually, if you can get on KittyCatS forums or see you pedigree but can NOT get into Support, clear cookies for kittycats.biz, restart your browser, and log back in to the KittyCatS web site should be sufficient.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , RiverFalcon Resident
04-18-2015, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 02:12 PM by RiverFalcon Resident.)
Thank you very much for your feedback. It's strange how I can sometimes access "Support" and sometimes not. When problems occur in future, I'll try your suggestions. Thank you.

From the Drylands of the Sandmen
04-19-2015, 12:06 AM
"Sometimes yes, sometimes no" is exactly the symptom of a problem with the cookies. Three or four years ago, I located part of the problem: some of the links on this site were for kittycats.biz and some were for http://www.kittycats.biz. Once they fixed that, the number of complaints dropped off significantly (in fact, this is the first I've heard of it since they fixed the links).

Perhaps you're using a http://www.kittycats.biz bookmark? If so, re-create it correctly, without the www, and clear your cookies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: RiverFalcon Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)