Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Updated legacy HUD not behaving for setting partner
05-02-2015, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 12:22 AM by Someday Zoon.)
Question Updated legacy HUD not behaving for setting partner
Control HUD 1.33 worked pretty much flawlessly for me in pretty much all respects, including setting partners.

Control HUD 1.44 not so much. When trying to partner, it can't find the other cat sitting right next to it and staring it in the face. Delay. Delay. Delay. So I'd repeat, and get another delay, but then I'd notice I'd get a message in chat to type the name of the partner, which I would do. No response. So I go through the steps again, Set Partner - sometimes it would provide the name I entered in chat, sometimes it would find another cat.

This has been happening since the update, but tonight I was trying to set up several partnerships, so substantial delays once again. Having the previous experiences, I wasn't rushing through the menu again, but waiting for it to ask for the name in chat. Delay. Delay. Delay. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Still have to go through the menu again. Not one single cat could find the other one sitting staring at it, nor any other cat for that matter, until doing this new song and dance. On one occasion, I had typed the name in chat and again, because of no response, went to the menu, and it found another cat! not the one I had just typed in chat.

It's pretty annoying, and I'd like to know if anyone else is having a similar experience. Thanks.

ETA: Here's a bit of an illustration of what happens. Use the menu to set partner, wait, wait, wait, then
[23:15:31] KittyCats - Fayina: Type the name of my new partner in local chat Smile
[23:15:39] Someday Zoon: Jayson
[wait, wait, wait, the menu doesn't come back, so I use the menu again - on this occasion, the menu found Jayson]
[23:16:18] KittyCats - Fayina: My new partner has such nice fur ^_^ I already love him!
[managed to get them partnered, then]
[23:16:45] KittyCats - Fayina: Type the name of my new partner in local chat Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 12:22 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
RE: Updated legacy HUD not behaving for setting partner
Mine has been working fine *knock on cyberwood* but I saw others in the group chat stating similar issues.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2015, 12:27 AM
(05-03-2015 12:22 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  Mine has been working fine *knock on cyberwood* but I saw others in the group chat stating similar issues.

Thanks for responding. It's a bit of a relief to hear I'm "not the only one". The region has been reset (though I am on an RC server channel which is running on a different version from the main server channel), and I don't have any more cats out than before the update.

The extra time it's taking is encroaching on my time to watch for cuddly toys and take pictures!
05-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Hi Someday,

We found a bug where the confirmation menu doesn't appear when you enter a partnername after the cat couldn't find a partner on its own.
This problem was already present in earlier cat versions though.

Its unclear for now why your cat(s) fail to find a nearby partner on their own. We tried to reproduce this many times, but couldn't. There is someone else with a similar experience. We asked rez right for this person's parcel so we can rez some of our own cats there and see if we can reproduce the specific issue. We already inspected the place visually, but couldn't find a possible cause that way for now.

Note though that this is unrelated to the HUD. There is no difference for this problem if you enter a cats menu with the hud or by touching the cat.

Regards
KittyCatS
05-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Meanwhile a third person reported the same.

She did however discover that in her case it helped to take her cats to a different place, where partnering them was no problem.

I was also able to test with my own cats at her place, but once again failed to recreate the issue. They detected the partner as both regular cats and in 2D mode.

Our next step will be to try to get together with one of the breeders who experience this, and do some testing with them.
05-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the follow up Kittycats.

In a few days, I'll have some more cats available for partnering and I'll see how it goes. By that time, the RC server maintenance project will most likely have been promoted to the main server channel and that could reveal something as well. Because I live on an RC server, I'm always suspicious because we would see changed behavior before the majority of the grid would.

Taking cats to another location for partnering would be a useful test, but as an ongoing workaround or necessity, would present more of an inconvenience than the waiting, tapping foot, and repeating steps.

I will follow up toward the end of the week. :-)
05-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Hi Someday,

We found the problem.

The partnering will fail if the envisoned partner is not the most near cat.
To get around it, you can either just make sure that the cat you want to partner your cat with is the most close cat, or you can get a 1.45 updater in the store.

Regards
KittyCatS
05-23-2015, 06:33 PM
(05-04-2015 08:22 PM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  Hi Someday,

We found the problem.

The partnering will fail if the envisoned partner is not the most near cat.
To get around it, you can either just make sure that the cat you want to partner your cat with is the most close cat, or you can get a 1.45 updater in the store.

Regards
KittyCatS

Hi KittyCats! I realized I hadn't followed up here. Sorry about that. I did stumble across the 1.45 updater by accident one day. I haven't been having the problems I discussed initially and figured I must have been in some wacky time-warp again. I hadn't made the connection with the updater, so I appreciate the information. Thank you!
05-31-2015, 11:26 AM
I had the same problem with new hud before today, today partnership go well, but i have other problem, often when i interact with cats i lost they, after upgrade happened for 3 times....

(05-02-2015 11:55 PM)Someday Zoon Wrote:  Control HUD 1.33 worked pretty much flawlessly for me in pretty much all respects, including setting partners.

Control HUD 1.44 not so much. When trying to partner, it can't find the other cat sitting right next to it and staring it in the face. Delay. Delay. Delay. So I'd repeat, and get another delay, but then I'd notice I'd get a message in chat to type the name of the partner, which I would do. No response. So I go through the steps again, Set Partner - sometimes it would provide the name I entered in chat, sometimes it would find another cat.

This has been happening since the update, but tonight I was trying to set up several partnerships, so substantial delays once again. Having the previous experiences, I wasn't rushing through the menu again, but waiting for it to ask for the name in chat. Delay. Delay. Delay. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Still have to go through the menu again. Not one single cat could find the other one sitting staring at it, nor any other cat for that matter, until doing this new song and dance. On one occasion, I had typed the name in chat and again, because of no response, went to the menu, and it found another cat! not the one I had just typed in chat.

It's pretty annoying, and I'd like to know if anyone else is having a similar experience. Thanks.

ETA: Here's a bit of an illustration of what happens. Use the menu to set partner, wait, wait, wait, then
[23:15:31] KittyCats - Fayina: Type the name of my new partner in local chat Smile
[23:15:39] Someday Zoon: Jayson
[wait, wait, wait, the menu doesn't come back, so I use the menu again - on this occasion, the menu found Jayson]
[23:16:18] KittyCats - Fayina: My new partner has such nice fur ^_^ I already love him!
[managed to get them partnered, then]
[23:16:45] KittyCats - Fayina: Type the name of my new partner in local chat Smile

Heart Ophy
opheliakira@gmail.com

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wo...134/244/23
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wo...134/245/31
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ea.../145/94/22
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)