Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Revamp/Update for older eyes and furs
05-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Revamp/Update for older eyes and furs
So a thought occurred as I was looking at some of the older eyes, some could use a little updating some life added to them. I look at newer eyes in comparison and they have more depth to them. So why not give the the older eyes and furs maybe a bit more sparkle and depth to them? The older furs and eyes seem so undervalued these days . I wish that would change in a big way. I know some are retired, but it would be nice to see those eyes and furs we loved in the beginning given a face lift and a bit of a second chance. Well that is my opinion anyways.
This isn't a jab at the work thats been done, its more of I want to the the sparkle put back in the old so it can be more appreciated again. People get so busy chasing all the new furs and eyes, all the older stuff just falls by the wayside.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: Revamp/Update for older eyes and furs
Hmmm... I'm a little torn on this suggestion. I do see the value of updating things, but I also see the value in the older style furs and eyes.

I think the collector/museum aspect of me wants to keep the older styles around so that we have some comparison with the newer furs and eyes. Sometimes it is nice to really look at an old fur or eyes and reminisce.

I also feel like KC does a pretty good job of introducing new eyes and furs into the KC line that are like updated versions of older furs and eyes. We get new genesis furs every year. That is fun! The genesis furs with the hidden/not so hidden hearts incorporated into the fur design were probably some of my favorites so far. Heart

I think if there were to be an update in future, say to mesh objects, then your suggestion would probably be implemented due to having to update all of the textures. I love the thought of updating the kitties to all mesh, but that really seems like a Herculean task for KC. Eeeps! Blush

Heart Pale Flower's KittyCats Caravan Heart
05-28-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Revamp/Update for older eyes and furs
The problem with this suggestion is that what people love with the old eyes. What made them fall in love with them, might be taken away in the update of them. And that would be sad, especially if it's a breeder that has dedicated their entire cattery to that set of eyes.

The upside would be yes, more fans for the older eyes. But it can go either way in my experience of updating old things to be more in tune with the new. What I would love to see is like they do with the gen-furs, each year they get a new generation, it would be awesome to have that for the gen-eyes as well Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)