Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Too Much Happiness Decreases Happiness?
11-11-2015, 04:55 AM
RE: Too Much Happiness Decreases Happiness?
(11-11-2015 12:45 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  but you don't need to cuddle them for hours - or get up all wrapped up in watching their minute-to-minute happiness (unless they are otherwise ready to breed).

Thanks for your explanation - it mostly confirms what my experiments show, and that is how I figure out what is really happening w/ the KC programming, since it is hard to get the same answer from most experts.

I sure don't get wrapped up in watching Happiness numbers, except for this one series of experiments I said I would do after watching Happiness fall when I would cuddle while I was AFK or asleep. I don't have the time to just cuddle cats without doing something more productive, so I it is often over 30 minutes until I check back in SL to Drop them.

If the market for Kittycats was not collapsing, I would just use Milk and not care about undocumented smiley face indicators.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2015, 05:54 AM
Exactly what I meant when I said I don't see where you are wasting time & hence money since your time seems to be so valuable.

30 minutes a day of cuddles is all that is needed to give the happiness / love buff.

It's been like that since day 1 of KittyCatS and stated exactly that way in the online manual.

Extract :

Gaining Love

Your cats will gain love in 10 days when they eat breeder food. You can speed up that process by feeding with Vita-Milk, that will increase the love gaining by 30%, i.e. they will gain 100% love in 7 days.

If you hold, pet or ride your cats for at least 30 minutes every 24 hours it has the same affect as feeding them milk, they gain love 30% faster. Holding/petting/riding and feeding them milk do not ad up.
- See more at: http://kittycats.biz/help/article.php?id...aTjK3.dpuf

(11-11-2015 04:55 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 12:45 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  but you don't need to cuddle them for hours - or get up all wrapped up in watching their minute-to-minute happiness (unless they are otherwise ready to breed).

Thanks for your explanation - it mostly confirms what my experiments show, and that is how I figure out what is really happening w/ the KC programming, since it is hard to get the same answer from most experts.

I sure don't get wrapped up in watching Happiness numbers, except for this one series of experiments I said I would do after watching Happiness fall when I would cuddle while I was AFK or asleep. I don't have the time to just cuddle cats without doing something more productive, so I it is often over 30 minutes until I check back in SL to Drop them.

If the market for Kittycats was not collapsing, I would just use Milk and not care about undocumented smiley face indicators.

11-11-2015, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 06:46 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
The Manual, which I first read several times four years ago, is entirely useless in answering the questions and observations I first made here. I been in Breedables long before KittyCats, so don't tell me to RTFM, when I ask a technical question that is poorly understood my most and was not answered in the Manual.

Thanks to MsMagick for learning and teaching about the smiley happy face, which really does not indicate happiness at all, but the time boost for accelerated Love. And the details of how the Happiness number is calculated are still not documented anywhere, although at least we know it is not directly relevant to the 7 day Love 'Boost.
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
11-11-2015, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 10:16 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
It is true that the part about the smilie face being filled in is not in the manual. I read the manual when I first started with KittyCatS, but I didn't know about it until I went to a Q&A where Kitten mentioned it. Just learning THAT was well worth going to the Q&A. I try to go to one every time she does them because I always learn something new, and I highly recommend them.

Oh, and I usually cuddle mine while I TP around doing errands, work on Forum posts, work on non-SL-related stuff in other windows or chat with my girl. (One reason that I don't like actually breeding megas is that I don't like being stuck sitting there for half an hour!) Sometimes, I cuddle with her before bed while also cuddling them and then drop them in a pile on top of both of us! It's fun to watch them slowly spiral down and go back to within their range.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Shamu077 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)