Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Frustration in the Cattery! (Let's rant ;))
07-01-2012, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 07:37 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Frustration in the Cattery! (Let's rant ;))
On the bright side and I know this is a little off topic I bought a hidden kaleidoscope 2 months ago or something for something like 700L or lower even LOL
I think someone thought ugh a genesis with the same gender again.
I love to click cats and boxes on the market perhaps my sneaky ways are not to work that well anymore with the menagerie items Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 08:22 PM
My rant they eat food entirely too fast in cattery no menagire button in the cattery....having to pull out kitties to send them to be free makes me batty. Other then those 2 complaints, I love the kittycats peoplesHeart

(05-07-2012 07:43 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  Warning: This is a rant. Nothing more, nothing less... Just a little glimpse into my personal kitty-frustration just now ;-)

Yesterday, I unboxed 2 kittens. They were both female, and I cried Sad Why? Well, here goes:

Many of you know who Ozzy is - he is an 8-traited Ocicat Tawny with Odyssey Rainbow eyes, rounded ears and full of cuteness. The only trait he lacks to have them all is a shade. But the week after I had Ozzy, I also had his cousin - a NINE-traited tawny with all that Ozzy has + shade.
Ozzy was my first "near-perfect" Ocicat Tawny, and he is now 150 days old - that means I have been near "perfection" in my Tawny-breeding for FIVE months. Ozzy's grand-dad, with whom it all started, is 210 days old. So, for 7 months I have been breeding for this, and 5 months ago, I had it!

Since then, I have obviously bred out numerous 8- and 9-traited Ocicat Tawnies with these traits. The pedigrees are a bit confusing because I no longer own half of those cats, but I estimate that I had roughly 12-15 9-traited Tawnies in this time - maybe even more.

And here's why I cry: THEY ARE ALL GIRLS!!!! Each and every damn kitten is a girl! EACH ONE! *cries again* Sad
-So when both my tawny-pairs made 9-traiters yesterday and I unboxed them both - yes, I cried when I saw they were girls.
I had all kinds of plans with these tawnies - add better shade, better whiskers, odyssey no. 2 ears etc.... But I juuuust wanted a breeding pair of 9-traiters first. Shouldn't be so hard, right? Well, it turns out it is - and yes, now I have no less than 3 absolutely awesome, but utterly useless girls sitting around - again. One from last week, two from this week.
When will it end? Will it ever? IF I ever get a boy, will my girls be near retiring? -And will I then get ONLY boys? Should I save one or more of these younger girls, in case I never get a girl again? -And then what to do with the "semi-old" girls? Kick a 9-traited Tawny to menagerie at the age of 65? Seems like quite a bit of a waste... Heck, I could also just give up on the entire project and kick them ALL to menagerie. Keep Ozzy, of course, as a bitter-sweet memory of back when my tawnies still gave me fun & joy Confused

The speculation and frustration sees no end these days - especially because my tawnies are far from the only problem. My aby. black silver are BOYS only - I have 8- and 9-traiters by now, all boys. Only girl ever is a poorly traited one with genesis eyes... And my porcelain-bengals are boys only, too - etc.etc. - same problem with many families + pairs in my cattery. They make nothing but wrong genders these days, and have been for weeks and months.

Only bright side in my gender-frustration these days are my Choco Lynxes. They made girl + boy, whoa! But while that made me happy, I must admit that the endless number of kittens with "wrong" genders outweigh it these days. By far.
I seriously need some good news in my cattery - gender-wise.

I still really wish we get genders on boxes some time. Sure, I'd still get wrong genders here and there, but they wouldn't eat food and take prims and be source of QUITE this amount of frustration. Right now, I have at least 65 prims and a food-cost of 1-1½ k per month of USELESS cats... Juuust in case I get the right gender next week... Argh!! Been saying that too long now....

So there... this was my rant - what is YOUR big frustration these days? Let out the steam - maybe it helps ;-)

Saga
07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I bought a box with a kitten for 10 Linden. but it does not come into my inventory and the money was taken. What should I do? return the money or kitten
07-10-2012, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 09:56 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Hi Katerina,

Have you taken the box in inventory after you purchased it?
I forget sometimes to do that as I'm so used to normal shopping via which I receive either the content or a box in inventory.
On the KittyCatS markets though you purchase the unique item and therefore have to take it in inventory after you have purchased it.

I hope this was the case and you can find the place back where you bought it.

Good luck with it,

Kay

Retro Kitties Showroom »

07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
(07-10-2012 09:55 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Hi Katerina,

Have you taken the box in inventory after you purchased it?
I forget sometimes to do that as I'm so used to normal shopping via which I receive either the content or a box in inventory.
On the KittyCatS markets though you purchase the unique item and therefore have to take it in inventory after you have purchased it.

I hope this was the case and you can find the place back where you bought it.

Good luck with it,

Kay

I hate to admit the amount of times I have done this exact thing!

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2014, 07:21 AM
Bump for an interesting read from 2 1/2 years ago - Other than seeing gender on a box image, has anything else changed?
11-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Lolz thanx for the blast from the past - seems like some of the issues raised then - are definately ones of today, but will still love our kittycats Tongue
11-22-2014, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2014 10:54 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Omg that was a cool read Smile
I love I saw, beyond others, the repacker request coming by at age 0.
You never hear me saying again "they" do not listen xD

Retro Kitties Showroom »

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)