Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Custom Collar Question
10-07-2012, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 12:40 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Custom Collar Question
(10-07-2012 06:31 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  i just started fiddling about an hour ago and i think really the best solution would be for the collar to be sculpted so that the texture would wrap around totally. A bit painstaking for the creation of the texture but at least we could get exactly to where we want to.
Will make a sculpt collar to test that this it works sometime.
Either that or have a double application like texture 1 for inside and out and texture 2 for top and bottom.
Sounds complicated to put into practise but i'm sure it'd be a breeze for KCR.

Whatever, that band really does leave an dissatisfying unfinished feeling as Kay says ...

To avoid too many texture uploads for one collar it would be cool if we were able to have impact on the repeats and the offsets via scripting if nothing else.
So we can type in the values we need.
Just as we now type the number of a texture we want to apply.
Because some collars turn out really ugly tbh.
For this controle freak the current system is a pain and it takes several uploads to make it look fairly okay yet not satisfying.
I just like things to be right especially if I ask money for them this makes it so it should be right no matter what.
It is just a hollowed cylinder with a path cut so basically nothing fancy.
So there is no reason why it should not be mod for the creator and after finishing the collar the rights can change to transfer only.
Just as it is now an empty collar is no transfer while a finished collar is.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
10-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Kay you can use the local textures option to look at your texture on the collar and change repeats etc until you're happy with it. If you're on LL viewer you'll find the option once you open the texture window below the square showing the current texture. Once you're happy with your texture you upload it as you normally would. I hope it works for collars too. FS als ohas it and I beleive phoenix too but not sure where it is.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Goodness. I forgot about this post for a bit while RL things were being handled and I come back to 4 pages of helpfulness and ideas to read through. Time to catch up! You guys are awesome. lol
10-11-2012, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 07:24 AM by KittySneakpaw Resident.)
(10-07-2012 09:14 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  Kay you can use the local textures option to look at your texture on the collar and change repeats etc until you're happy with it. If you're on LL viewer you'll find the option once you open the texture window below the square showing the current texture. Once you're happy with your texture you upload it as you normally would. I hope it works for collars too. FS als ohas it and I beleive phoenix too but not sure where it is.

I feel stupid, but I am not sure what you mean. Are you talkinga bout the UPLOAD - IMAGE option...where you can preview the texture as sculpted prim for example? I am not sure where to look at and what to search for. But i definately need a solution for the seamed edges I get on certain pattern. T_T

Edit: I think I found it, it is in the building option... I will try it on the collar and see if that helps me with the semless edges. Smile Thanks

[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]

[Auctions: Mondays 12 p.m + Thursdays 11 a.m]
10-11-2012, 04:17 PM
(10-11-2012 07:18 AM)KittySneakpaw Resident Wrote:  I feel stupid, but I am not sure what you mean. Are you talkinga bout the UPLOAD - IMAGE option...where you can preview the texture as sculpted prim for example? I am not sure where to look at and what to search for. But i definately need a solution for the seamed edges I get on certain pattern. T_T

Edit: I think I found it, it is in the building option... I will try it on the collar and see if that helps me with the semless edges. Smile Thanks

Yes, it's in the edit window > textures tab > texture window (for LL viewer at least). Don't feel stupid -I went to a class on local textures recently; before that I had no idea they existed. They work in a similar way to temporary textures though not exactly the same. Noone other than you will be able to see the texture while you're using local tex. option, btw.

I hope it helps with edges fiddling Smile

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-11-2012, 05:03 PM
(10-11-2012 04:17 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 07:18 AM)KittySneakpaw Resident Wrote:  I feel stupid, but I am not sure what you mean. Are you talkinga bout the UPLOAD - IMAGE option...where you can preview the texture as sculpted prim for example? I am not sure where to look at and what to search for. But i definately need a solution for the seamed edges I get on certain pattern. T_T

Yes, it's in the edit window > textures tab > texture window (for LL viewer at least). Don't feel stupid -I went to a class on local textures recently; before that I had no idea they existed. They work in a similar way to temporary textures though not exactly the same. Noone other than you will be able to see the texture while you're using local tex. option, btw.

I hope it helps with edges fiddling Smile

Yes, I found out that you need to really be picky during the creation process. Important is that the ground layer, that is 1024 x 64 and all layers you add on top to make it a beautiful collar, really are propper on the ground layer. If your pattern doesn't meet the edge (left and right edge) of the ground layer propperly and if it's just one itty litty bit not correctly up to the edge, then that can screw the entire collar creation. I managed to make a seamless outter pattern. The inner circle still has a seam on it, but that is of no matter, because once applied to the cat, no one will see the inside of the collar, just the outside and as long as the outside is flawlessly patterned, you will have no worry with it... I didn't think matching the pattern to the edge of the group layers left and right side (templates left and right side) would be mattery so much, but it does matter a lot. Mine was just a tiny dot not propperly lined up to the left and right edges... and I had a really visible seam. Thanks for this helpful threat though.

[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]

[Auctions: Mondays 12 p.m + Thursdays 11 a.m]
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)