Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
01-07-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when? (Updated: 05/23/15)
Hmmm, I looked at the Google doc and found none of the new ones. Perhaps my browser (IE) is not cooperating?

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2016, 04:50 AM
(01-07-2016 12:21 AM)Oselkhandro Resident Wrote:  Hmmm, I looked at the Google doc and found none of the new ones. Perhaps my browser (IE) is not cooperating?

I just checked again and all new traits are showing up on the Google doc. I am using IE as well.

Latest Discoveries

KittyCatS History Document
01-07-2016, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 08:01 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
Observations:

1) The Google Docs shows many (more today than yesterday) more trait values than the Forum OP.

2) On all browsers Oselkhandro's post appears, but does NOT update the entry in 'KittyCatS Chat - General Discussions'. Clicking the Last Post link takes one to the OP rather than the Last Post. Yesterday the Last Post link was updating to show Ivy, my, and Dottie's followup posts.

3) There are a number of errors and discrepancies between the OP and the Google Docs spreadsheet; I recommend by-hand comparison and correction so information is not lost.

4) I the OP is no longer being maintained, Deer Thistle should remove the entire list and simply direct people to the Google Docs spreadsheet. Of course, do this AFTER fixing the errors!

Followup. The forum Last Post link updated as is should for my posting.

I judge this to be a bug in the forum software and not fixable by KittyCatS. Given the sad shape of the KittyCatS web site, I'd suggest upgrading to the latest version in an attempt to correct the error is too perilous. My recommendation is to just live with it. When you see the topic go bold-face and click the Last Post link, if it takes you to the OP, jump to the last post by hand.

I judge this to be a bug in the forum software and not fixable by KittyCatS. Given the sad shape of the KittyCatS web site, I'd suggest upgrading to the latest version in an attempt to correct the error is too perilous. My recommendation is to just live with it. When you see the topic go bold-face and click the Last Post link, if it takes you to the OP, jump to the last post by hand.

test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
01-07-2016, 08:03 AM
test.
01-07-2016, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 08:11 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
test.

Definitely a bug in MyBB.
Perhaps the work-around is to start a new thread with a corrected OP and then having KittyCatS demote the original and pin the new one. That will probably fix things until the new thread gets large again.
It's not just posts appearing and disappearing. At times I see signatures; at others I do not.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
02-20-2016, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 05:10 PM by Deer Thistle.)
Hi all! I apologize for my absence. I've been peeking around the forums a bit over the months however I don't have time to update the forum OP or do much of anything.

Dottie has been doing an amazing job, as you all have seen. She's involved in the community and is a wonderful person and KittyCatS breeder. I'm going to direct the OP to solely the Google Doc she maintains, it's up to date and presents the information in a great format. Smile

When in the future I can update the OP to compliment the Google Doc, I will denote this. For now, please utilize the Google Doc. It's an excellent resource and is up to date, unlike the OP.

Edit: While I'm at it, what happened to Kittycats' .biz domain extension? I had to stumble upon the .ws extension to realize the site and forum were still very much alive and functioning.

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Susannah Luminos
03-05-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
Got dreamy fold ears are they new?

03-05-2016, 04:45 AM
Dreamy Fold ears were discovered by fabioazeveda Oh on February 25, 2016. Congrats on finding this beautiful ear in your kitties!
03-05-2016, 03:41 PM
I posted about Ody. 1 and Ody. 2 ears last year (as seen below), but it hasn't been updated on the google docs. I don't know if I should put the info elsewhere?

Help would be appreciated :-)

(10-10-2015 03:21 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  I was looking through my pedigree today, and then it suddenly occurred to me... I think I can fill in some blanks on the list of discoveries! -Some very old blanks, but anyway... here's a piece of KittyCats-history:

Way back in 2011, Kendrah Vantelli was (I believe) the first one to get a cat with Odyssey no. 2 ears. It was a Genesis Coco boy w. Genesis Earth eyes and no traits besides the Ody.2 ears. He was called Remi, and today, he is 1530 days old.

For some reason, Kendrah wasn't too excited about the cat - I think she had a TON of starters breeding at the time, and was more interested in the new furs and eyes. Remi's starter parents had numbers rather than names.
She put the cat out on a bidboard, and I was practically running in circles around it - and won it in the end, for way less than it should have gone for. 5k or something, I believe.

I had Remi for a total of 4 breedings, as far as my pedigree shows. 3 times with OctaBlu, and once with Siamei. I called all the offspring something with "Oh..." - Oh Rema, Oh Yay, Oh Boy, Oh Lol and so on. After that, Kendrah and I made a deal of some sort - I don't remember the details - but she got Remi back, and I got his full brother - showing genesis ears, but most likely hiding those odyssey ears underneath, of course. He was born 7 days after Remi, so 1523 days today.
I called Remi's brother "Oh Brother"... nice movie, that one... and started breeding him to Remi's offspring.

-And then, 1481 days ago and on the same day, Oh Brother + Oh Blue and Oh Rema + Oh Mouse had kittens... and both kittens showed Odyssey 1 ears! Not Odyssey 2, but Odyssey ONE! That was pretty damned exciting - no one had ever seen those before, as far as we knew.
Obviously, I called them "Oh Odd!" and "Oh Perfect!", and started breeding odyssey no. 1 ears like crazy... and the rest is history.

So, long story short:
I believe Kendrah Vantelli discovered Odyssey 2 ears 1530 days ago, (That is, 2nd of August 2011)
-and I discovered Odyssey 1 ears 1481 days ago (20th of September, 2011.)
I looked up the dates on the web, counting it from the age on the cats in my pedigree.

Oddly (no pun intended Tongue) I hadn't thought of it until now. Most likely because I had almost stopped breeding when the whole idea of listing discovery dates came up.

I don't actually remember how to share pedigree-pages for old cats no longer in world, but if anyone can remind me, I'll happily show off all the "Oh-cats"... :-) -Those I own, that is... as I said, Kendrah got Remi back, and some of the offspring later ended up in other catteries.

Whether or not this makes it to the list, I hope you enjoyed an old crazy cat lady's tale from the good ol' days Wink

P.S. some of the later owners of the kittens from the Oh-cats continued along that line... I found "Oh To Be In Love" and "Oh My, Odyssey Ears!" listed as offspring on my pedigree page... rather cute Big Grin

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
03-05-2016, 03:58 PM
(03-05-2016 03:41 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  I posted about Ody. 1 and Ody. 2 ears last year (as seen below), but it hasn't been updated on the google docs. I don't know if I should put the info elsewhere?

Help would be appreciated :-)

(10-10-2015 03:21 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  I was looking through my pedigree today, and then it suddenly occurred to me... I think I can fill in some blanks on the list of discoveries! -Some very old blanks, but anyway... here's a piece of KittyCats-history:

Way back in 2011, Kendrah Vantelli was (I believe) the first one to get a cat with Odyssey no. 2 ears. It was a Genesis Coco boy w. Genesis Earth eyes and no traits besides the Ody.2 ears. He was called Remi, and today, he is 1530 days old.

For some reason, Kendrah wasn't too excited about the cat - I think she had a TON of starters breeding at the time, and was more interested in the new furs and eyes. Remi's starter parents had numbers rather than names.
She put the cat out on a bidboard, and I was practically running in circles around it - and won it in the end, for way less than it should have gone for. 5k or something, I believe.

I had Remi for a total of 4 breedings, as far as my pedigree shows. 3 times with OctaBlu, and once with Siamei. I called all the offspring something with "Oh..." - Oh Rema, Oh Yay, Oh Boy, Oh Lol and so on. After that, Kendrah and I made a deal of some sort - I don't remember the details - but she got Remi back, and I got his full brother - showing genesis ears, but most likely hiding those odyssey ears underneath, of course. He was born 7 days after Remi, so 1523 days today.
I called Remi's brother "Oh Brother"... nice movie, that one... and started breeding him to Remi's offspring.

-And then, 1481 days ago and on the same day, Oh Brother + Oh Blue and Oh Rema + Oh Mouse had kittens... and both kittens showed Odyssey 1 ears! Not Odyssey 2, but Odyssey ONE! That was pretty damned exciting - no one had ever seen those before, as far as we knew.
Obviously, I called them "Oh Odd!" and "Oh Perfect!", and started breeding odyssey no. 1 ears like crazy... and the rest is history.

So, long story short:
I believe Kendrah Vantelli discovered Odyssey 2 ears 1530 days ago, (That is, 2nd of August 2011)
-and I discovered Odyssey 1 ears 1481 days ago (20th of September, 2011.)
I looked up the dates on the web, counting it from the age on the cats in my pedigree.

Oddly (no pun intended Tongue) I hadn't thought of it until now. Most likely because I had almost stopped breeding when the whole idea of listing discovery dates came up.

I don't actually remember how to share pedigree-pages for old cats no longer in world, but if anyone can remind me, I'll happily show off all the "Oh-cats"... :-) -Those I own, that is... as I said, Kendrah got Remi back, and some of the offspring later ended up in other catteries.

Whether or not this makes it to the list, I hope you enjoyed an old crazy cat lady's tale from the good ol' days Wink

P.S. some of the later owners of the kittens from the Oh-cats continued along that line... I found "Oh To Be In Love" and "Oh My, Odyssey Ears!" listed as offspring on my pedigree page... rather cute Big Grin

I'll update the Google Docs to reflect this! Thank you!

Latest Discoveries

KittyCatS History Document
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)